Tuesday, 29 April 2014

Blood for Life

Tuesday, 29 April 2014
the front cover of my donating record

I am really enthuasiasm in doing volunteering works. So far, I've joint lot of volunteering activities but the one that make me proud in doing so is donating my blood. The first time, I tried to donate was on 2006 but it was a fail because the tube for transferring the blood were not enough.


Finally, on July 14, 2012, I finally able to do so, it was a campaign that was organized by my school alumni, ANSARA. Until now, whenever I'm donating my blood, there are 3 things that make me scare; 
1: when the staff taking my blood for testing whether I'm eligible to do so and determine my blood type. 
2: when the nurse injects the needle and 
3: when the blood flows. 

Donating my blood is one way I can help other people, eventhough I do not know, who is receiving but i believe, my blood will eventually save someone's life. Anyway, my blood type is A(rhesus -). According to my Burmese friends who is a doctor, she said A- type is the the best blood type among those 4 types. Anyway, there is another blood type which is really rare, It was called as Bombay blood and is only 0.0004% of the human population. I just know this info when I'm watching a Japanese investigation drama called Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo or The Files of Young Kindaichi.

My donating record. Right now, only 3 times.
Haven't you donating your blood before? Mind sharing your blood type here. :)

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your experience. It's always good to be able to help other people. I have never donated blood before, but maybe I'll do that in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I also think it's wonderful to help other people in every way possible, also by donating blood. :) Unfortunately, I can't, because I suffer from chronic anaemia. But there are other things I can do :) My last volunteering work was at a memorial site. Unfortunately, many memorials and museums have too little money here, so they have to hope to find volunteers at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will take care of your health..
      anyway, there are lot of other things that we can do.... :)

      Delete

jjajja's journey © 2014