Tuesday, 29 April 2014

Collectible: Chopsticks from Japan

Tuesday, 29 April 2014
These items are one of my precious collection from Japan. As you can see in the picture, It says, "Home of Traditional Japanese paper for 1000 Years". Amazing isn't? If I remember correctly, one chopstick cost ¥500=±RM19=USD6. For me, it was quite expensive but I think it is worth for my collection. 


Chopstick with Kimono Girl

The shop is located in Nihonmatsu City, Fukushima Prefecture. If you still remember the incident(tsunami) in 2011, this area also affected by the earthquake, tsunami and radiation contamination. It just only one year after the incident and I can see that the people in this area are struggling especially the farmers. I have lot of chances talking with them and all I can say is they are positively moving forward for better life. 

1 comment:

jjajja's journey © 2014