Tuesday, 29 April 2014

Travel Collection: Kuala Lumpur to Surabaya-Malang, Indonesia

Tuesday, 29 April 2014
The fountain statue in Surabaya city (The Shark and Crocodile)
Travelling to Indonesia is one of my dreams come true. If my friend do not marry that year, I don't think I have a good reason to go there. For your information, the name of Surabaya is derived from the word "Sura" which is means Shark and "Baya" means Crocodile. It is based on the local myth. 



As I mentioned in previous post about my hobby of collecting tickets, receipts and vouchers when I travel overseas. I did keep all those items when I travel to Indonesia. 

All my collection items when I travel to Indonesia

all the transportation tickets except the trishaw and taxi

movie's ticket(Lone Ranger), submarine's museum, DAISO, ACE Hardware and groceries receipts


I think I should laminate the receipts because the ink on it, is going to fade away. Anyway, do you keep all these kind of things when you travel? 



7 comments:

  1. I too keep all that stuff when traveling :) It's the best souvenir you can get. Does it really help to laminate it? I have an old school magazin ID Card which is laminated, but the ink still fades away :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it does... I have some laminated items, it has been more than 3 years and the ink on it, still okay..

      Delete
    2. Ok, maybe it's because my ID Card is really really old :D

      Delete
  2. Cool! Do You know more about this statue and legend to tell us?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really interesting fountain :)

    I wish the fountain sculptures here in my city were as interesting. Unfortunately, most sculptures here are only modern and abstract...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I collect tickets too :) I just put them in a wooden box when I'm back home. Maybe I should think about laminating them, too, as the ink really fades after some years.

    By the way, the submarine museum sounds really fascinating to me :) I already have visited 2, both in Germany.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The submarine museum was cool but there were no tourist guide available, luckily I understand Indonesian language. :)
      I've been to submarine museum in Kure, Japan in 2013, all i can say... it was amazing..

      Delete

jjajja's journey © 2014