Tuesday, 22 April 2014

Travelog: I Love Malang, Should I?

Tuesday, 22 April 2014

Last year on July 4th, 2013, me and my Singaporean friend, Xin went to Surabaya, Indonesia to attend wedding reception of our friend. Basically when I travel to other countries, I will buy some souvenirs such as t-shirt, fridge magnet and keychain. 


During our last day, my Indonesian friend, Rindha, gave us a plastic bag full of foods, drinks and souvenir from her hometown, Malang. However, when I checking out the shirt, I was smiling when I noticed the word on it. "I Love Malang". The first thing came to my mind is "Should I or Shouldn't I wear it".  In Malay and Indonesian language, Malang literally means "unlucky" or "unfortunate". Until today, I haven't wear it. :)





6 comments:

  1. Malang is on Java... and google says "malang" means "landscape" in javanese ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh really!!! thank you Sarah for telling me this.. :)
      this is what i love about about language..

      Delete
    2. Foreign languages are pretty cool... you can always discover something new :)

      Delete
    3. yup.. agree with you Sarah...
      learning other languages are like opening a new dimension of my life.. :)

      Delete
    4. I think I wouldn't wear it. I would be too afraid to irritate other people, I guess. Or maybe I would only wear it while travelling to some place where people don't know the negative meanings of "malang" :)

      Delete
    5. maybe I should wear it only in my house... :)

      Delete

jjajja's journey © 2014