Thursday, 22 May 2014

Collectible: Coins Collection(Japan-Indonesia-China-Thailand)

Thursday, 22 May 2014
my 2012-2013 collection

Since I was little(around 7 years old), I've been collecting lot of collectible items such as stamps, coins(Malaysia 1 cent coins; no longer used nowadays), prepaid top-up cards, keychains and etc. I do not have a special storage for these items, I just put them in a small box and keep them safely inside the cabinet. Basically, I love keeping the Malaysian 1 cent coins because of the bronze color. For some people, they think it doesn't have value and they don't wanna keep them inside their purse/wallet(when it was still been used). I don't have much foreign coins excepts those that I got from friends or I just randomly found them. 

Starting from 2012 until 2013, I went to Japan, Indonesia, Singapore and Thailand, this became my turning point when my hobbies of collecting items blossom again. Yeay!! 

**********

Let's first started with my Japanese coins. During my first month in Japan, I didn't know how to use 100 yen, 50 yen, 10 yen and even 1 yen, so basically I will just use banknotes(1000 yen) eventhough the price is only 180 yen. >_<


the front;(value, leaves and some Japanese characters)

the back;(illustration of shrine(Byodo-in temple), flowers and Japanese characters)

the Byodo-in Temple illustrated on 10 yen Japanese coin

From all of these collection, I love the 10 yen and 50 yen because of their design(hole in the center) and the color(bronze). I wish I can go to Byodo-in temple, the place looks amazing. In Japan, there are lot of vending machines which means coins are widely used but you cannot use 1 yen though, I'm not sure whether 10 yen is acceptable or not.

**********

Next is Indonesia's coins. I went to Indonesia last year, so I still have some Rupiah(Indonesia currency) left. I personally think, coins are not widely used, it was so hard to get them. Most of Indonesian people(i think) use 1000 Rupiah banknotes which is equal to USD 0.08 cent (currency converter). These collection of coins I only got when the taxi driver gave me the change.


the front;(value, flowers, bird, Rupiah(Indonesia currency))

the back view(the symbol;garuda, Bank Indonesia/Indonesia Bank and year it was produced)



garuda; a large mythical bird with eagle-like features(national emblem of Indonesia)

**********

Next is coins of China, these China's coins I got when I first been asked for private swaps through Postcrossing by LiLe. When I first opened the card inside the envelope, I was so excited to see them.


front view(number(value), Chinese characters and year it was produced)

back view(symbol;flowers and some words writing in English)

**********

The last one is from Thailand, I only have  one. (I paste the back view of the coin on the same layout). I love the illustration both on the front and on the back. 


the front;(The King of Thailand features King Bhumibol Adulyadej with some thai's character)
the back;(temple;Wat Phra Sri Rattana Satsadaram and some thai's character)

Wat Phra Sri Rattana Satsadaram; illustrated on 1 bath thailand's coin

If you are interested to collect coins from Malaysia, do tell me on comment section below, maybe we can do swaps. >-<

17 comments:

  1. hi jaja. bloghop and saw your blog. never been to japan but im sure i'll visit your blog if i plan to go there one day. amin :) salam kenal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salam kenal Kausar,
      thanks for dropping by.. :)

      Delete
  2. hi jaja... nampaknya hobi kita hampir sama... setem, poskad, coins dan yang sewaktu dengannya ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe.. terima kasih singgah blog saya... dah banyak ke collection zura?

      Delete
  3. masa kecik2 dulu, kakak saya kumpul coins jgk. byk kot, penuh 1 album. tapi lps masuk uni, entah ke mana pegi album tu. sayang betul..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sayangnya... saya simpan semua duit syiling dalam balang.. senang...
      kebanyakannya duit malaysia yang lama, duit syiling seringgit... duit 1 sen saya ada lebih kurang dua botol air mineral 500 ml.. :D

      Delete
  4. Interesting coins :) I especially like those with flower motifs and the ones with holes in the middle. I don't think we have anything like that here in Europe.

    Personally, I don't have many foreign coins. I don't travel abroad very often. But I remember that, back in my childhood, my mother had an album with foreign coins :) I can't really remember from which countries they were, but I found them really fascinating back then :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danish Coins have a hole in the middle ;-)

      Delete
    2. I really didn't know that.
      But today they have changed to Euro coins too, if I'm not wrong?

      Delete
    3. Denmark doesn't have the Euro, they still have their own currency (Danish Krone / DKK)

      Delete
    4. You're right. I just read about this a little; it looks like there are already designs for the Danish Euro coins, and it is planned to do another vote whether or not to change to Euro coins in Denmark. But right now they still have their old currency.

      Delete
    5. my friend told me that countries under european union(EU) all using euros but different designs depend on the countries and it can be used all over european countries. Am I right?

      Delete
    6. There are still 10 (out of 28) countries left, that don't have the Euro yet. But yes, they all have their own design and can be used in all countries that have this currency :)

      Delete
    7. @Sarah, out of topic, Have you receive the giveaway from me.? Siri had received it yesterday. :D

      Delete
    8. @fariza I haven't been home for a few days ;) I'll be back home tomorrow... I'll let you know when the giveaway arrived :)

      Delete
  5. @Sarah, that's cool. I never seen Danish coins. Whenever I see coin with hole in the middle, I will think it was an ancient.

    ReplyDelete

jjajja's journey © 2014