Saturday, 19 July 2014

Thank You Mr. Pail

Saturday, 19 July 2014


Give thanks for a little and you will find a lot. 
Hansa Proverb


This pail has been beside me since 2007 when I was a sophomore in my university. I still remember bringing it to my "Under Construction" camp, a camp where a sophomore will be declared as the members of "Industrial Design" department and the "Black Grinder" written on it was our team name. Eventhough, during that camp, I never use you.

I remembered using it to wash my clothes, to keep water when our university water supply was breaking down. I remember using this pail to wash my motorcycle. I remember using this pail to mop the floor. I remember everything.

... and today, it is a time to let you go... Thank you Mr. Pail for being with me for 7 years.

3 comments:

  1. Lama betul guna... 7 tahun tu..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww
    You could have filled Mr Pail with soil & used him as a cool planter ;)
    He could live on in a useful way even though he was no longer fit for his original purpose.

    I saw awesome ones recently where someone had taken large broken terracotta pots (big chunk out the side) and turned the broken aspect into a feature! They layered the soil & add little plants & decorative items (bird/fairy houses, little figurines etc) to build up a scene. They were delightful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a good idea..
      on the day I wrote this post.. I was 100% sure that I wanted to throw it away but then...
      I still keep it, too many memories. maybe I will wait until the pail become shattered into pieces, then I will throw it away.

      Delete

jjajja's journey © 2014