Thursday, 4 June 2015

Malay Myth: Full Moon

Thursday, 4 June 2015



I was born and raised in Kuala Terengganu, a city situated at the estuary of Terengganu River, facing the South China Sea. Fishing is a major industries in Terengganu. I still remember when me and my mom hanging out at the veranda. At that time, we can clearly see the moon, it was so bright. Then suddenly my mom said:

The moon is so bright, the fisherman won't get much fish as usual. hmmm... fish will be expensive.... 

I don't know whether this is a myth or a fact. I keep hearing this kind of statement from the elders and yes, the fish price is expensive during the full moon. It says that because of the bright light, the fish prefer to stay at the bottom of the sea. True or not, there might be a reason behind it. I tried to find any scientific articles and google some info about this topic but can't find any reliable/interesting discussion. Maybe, any of you got some info?



3 comments:

  1. Bulan penuh = Pontianak berkialaran. Satu lg horror myth. Tak tahu nak percaya ke tidak =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pontianak=syaitan=hari hari ada...
      hehehe

      Delete

jjajja's journey © 2014