Monday, 15 June 2015

We Sing, We Dance but....

Monday, 15 June 2015


do we really know what the songs were all about?
So, some of you knew that I've been working a part time waitress in one of reputable restaurant in Malaysia. So, right now, because of some issues, our outlet becoming quieter than usual. My co-workers are the type that "Happy Go-Lucky" and "Mood Maker". They always sing and dance no matter what kind of songs play; Malay, English, Hindustan, K-pop, Indonesia and etc, they just kill 'em. Even, their pronunciation seems legit.

So, yeah, till one day, I heard one of them singing along the song by Jessie J, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj entitled Bang Bang. She memorized all the lyrics and even dance to it. A sudden thought came to my mind, did she even understands the thing that she sung. The song obviously talking about "s*x".

Below is the REACT series by Finebros, they did a lyric breakdown for this song and yeah most of the teens in this video kinda shocked when they decoded the lyric.




I am not gonna lie, the song is catchy. Most everyone singing along when this song play on radio and it make me remember a Malay song "Bawaku Pergi" sung by Kaka Azraff and Zizan Razak. That song triggered our society as some said that the song encouraging teenagers to run away from home. The composer, Malique denied the accusation as he said he wrote the song based on his life after marriage with his wife.

Another special moment happened when me and my sister driving from Kuala Lumpur to our hometown, Kuala Terengganu, as we use a newly built highway(LPT2), there were no radio channels available, so we basically listen to the songs that are on CDs. Then suddenly, I heard words 

"Face down, a*s up, that's the way we like to f**k".

WHAT???  Okay... I am sure that my sister just copy paste the playlist from somewhere and put them on the CD. Could you imagine, what if the words are in Malay. ooooooo.......

Sometimes, yeah I sing, dance to the songs that I don't care the meaning behind it, but I think right now, as I am getting older(hehe), I am be more cautious. I guess. Rather than singing and dancing to trashy songs, I better sing Lagu Negaraku.. hehehe


1 comment:

  1. Yeah, sometimes, the lyrics quite intimidating. Tapi selalunya kita main hafal, tak tahu maksud hape pun, huh T_T

    ReplyDelete

jjajja's journey © 2014