I think it has been more than 10 years, our family started to buy "Kuih Raya" instead of making them. I still remember, when I was little, I was helping my sister making Kuih Raya such as Kuih Sarang Semut, Tart Nenas and Almond London. Well, honestly, I didn't help that much, I am the one that keep eating secretly... hehe... but now, since most of us living far separately, the tradition of making Kuih Raya is fading away. Every Ramadhan, we just buy them for almost RM40 per jar.
... but this coming Aidilfitri(Raya), me and my sister decided to try the "Easiest and Quickest DIY Kuih Raya". Here we go.
1. Chocolate bar
2. Corn flakes
3. Colourful chocolate rice for decoration
How to DIY
1. Melt the chocolate bar(steaming)
2. Add the cornflakes. Make sure, the cornflakes were crushed into a tiny bit
3. Stirred the mixture
4. Put the mixture into the paper cup
5. Sprinkle some chocolate rice on top just to make it appealing.
6. Leave it for around 5 minutes until the chocolate become harden.
and tadaaa... my ChocoLakes(Chocolate+Cornflakes)
What I love when making this so called Kuih Raya, you do not have to measure how much ingredients you need to add. Just follow your heart... hehe... If you love chocolate, add more but if you love crunchier cookies, just add more cornflakes and you do not need microwave or oven to bake the cookies. Just leave it in temperature room for 5 minutes until it became harden. That's all. Easy right. This ChocoLakes is suitable for someone that lack of time and prefer something simple, easy and quick.